Visa Immigration   working holiday   Student Accommodation   Student Visa   Student Insurance

Student insurance in Australia

Student insurance in Australia

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

The Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is insurance for international students in Australia to assist with meeting the costs of medical and hospital care. Depending on the OSHC insurance, students may also be covered with limited benefits for pharmaceuticals and ambulance services. People studying in Australia on a student visa must take out OSHC insurance cover as well as their dependents which may include spouses and children who are under the age of 18. It is a requirement that students must obtain OSHC insurance for the proposed duration of their student visa. If there is an extension for the student visa than the OSHC policy must also be renewed to match the length of period that matches the student visa.

Translate »